We had some great Christmases this year! Although things were crazy busy, which definitely added some stress to my plate, everything turned out fun and just like the First Christmas I had imagined for us as a family of 3 :)
On Christmas Eve, we went to my parents house for dinner and to open one Christmas present. Ever since I was little, we have always opened one present and it is definitely a tradition I am continuing at our home with Madilyn! My Aunt Sue is always in town to share Christmas Eve and Christmas with us too and we love seeing her! This year we also had some other visitors drop by to say hello while we were at my parents. Our close family friends from North Carolina came to meet Madi and my best friend Cathy came by as well! It was so nice to see everyone. I was suuuuper excited to see my Cat woman though, because it had been months since we had seen each other. One of the many reasons I love our friendship so much, is no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other, everything is the same as where we left off! I can't even explain how much I love that girl :) She has been there through thick and thin and I know it will always remain that way :) Here are some pictures of Christmas Eve.
| Christmas Eve day before heading to my parents :) |
| Madi and Daddy...my new favorite picture of the two! :) |
| Keeping the tradition and opening her one present! |
| <3 my best friend! That smile and laugh is contagious! |
| This picture makes me so happy :) |
| Christmas Eve dinner! |
| Opening her Christmas Eve present at my parents! |
Christmas morning we woke up and did our Christmas as a family. Matt's brother Charlie, was also awake and up to watch Madi's first Christmas in action :) He and his girlfriend, Stacey stayed with us for over a week and we so loved having them around! It was their first time meeting Madi, as they live all the way in Seattle!
After our Christmas, Madilyn took her morning nap and Matt and I got all showered and ready so we could leave for my parents once she woke up. We also loaded the car up because after my parents we were going to head straight to Fort Wayne to do Matt's family Christmas!
We had a great time at my parents! It was a little weird not to be there Christmas morning, but new traditions have been started, as our family has grown :) We had such a great time there and Madi got TONS of gifts. We weren't surprised ;) I'd say everyone had fun watching Madi eat paper and open her presents. I think it was a special day for all of us!
Once we left we started our drive to Fort Wayne. Our planning was perfect, because Madi slept most of the way there. Thumbs up to me for deciding to do the drive during her afternoon nap ;) I get some things right! Once we arrived to Fort Wayne, we relaxed with family the rest of the evening as we weren't doing our Christmas until Monday. Lena, my seeeesta in law, had to work Christmas Day, so it worked out with everyone's schedule just to wait to do it Monday.
Our Christmas in Fort Wayne was so fun as always! At their Christmas we always just rip open presents at the same time, which is totally different than how we do it at home and at my parents! It is so fun though! It's was like a mad house and paper flied everywhere! :) I also enjoyed seeing Brent, Luke, Issac, and Madi together! You could definitely tell the family had grown with the amount of presents under the tree :)
I will leave you with some pictures of Christmas Day and Christmas in Fort Wayne! :) Up next, New Years post!
Thanks for the shout out! I'm now famous :)
ReplyDeleteI love all of the pics. It's such a delight getting to see them all. And I love the most recent pic of the 3 of you!! It's fabulous!!!!
You are totally famous! haha ;)Glad you liked the pics! :) Love you best friend!
ReplyDelete