It is official, Madi cut her very first tooth this week!
I was over at my friend Kyle's house on Wednesday, visiting her and her new baby Jaelyn, when she asked me if Madi had any teeth. I had told her she didn't have any yet, but we keep thinking they are on their way. Then I went to feel Madi's gums (something I do frequently)...AND there one was! It was crazy! The little tooth seriously must have popped up over night. You can kind of see it when she smiles, but have to look pretty closely. Boy, can you feel that little thing though! *Of course I'm trying to get a picture of her pearly white, but so far no luck!*
Seeing that she had a tooth helped explain a lot with her behavior lately. She has been a little more fussy and is not sleeping as good. I figured in a few days she would be feeling a little better, but so far no luck :( My poor baby (and I would be lying if I didn't say, poor us). I really hope we find something that helps relieve some of her pain soon. I would rather not give her any medicine, unless I know she absolutely 100% needs it. I never thought I would be this with my child, since I used to take medicine whenever I got the first symptom of anything, but something about me changed once I had her. I want to try natural methods before we have to resort to medicine. I heard about some all natural, homeopathic teething tablets that are supposed to help. We used them last night and tonight, so hopefully we will see some improvement and she will be on her way to feeling better :)
Now my next subject...Christmas office hours! I am lucky enough to absolutely love my job. I love working with my dad and I love managing our apartments. I am so fortunate I have a job that allows me to have such flexibility and spend so much time with Madi (and to have my awesome mom watch her while I work). For the holidays, we are closed starting tomorrow until Jan. 2! I will still have to go in occasionally to check on things and be on call as always, but no office hours will be held. I am happy and sad at the same time if that is possible! It is nice to be off of course, but I look forward to going to work! It is my away time and my "me" time. I am only gone for 4 hours, 4 times/week, so the little break from home is nice for me. I wouldn't trade being a mom for the world because it is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me, but at the same time, I think keeping your identity is SO important! Also, once I get my work done, I can work on personal stuff like paying our bills, scheduling appointments, researching odds and ends, etc. I literally get so much done at work (another reason I am lucky). So, I am hoping this week I can still find a way to get all of those things done, along with all of the other holiday stuff that is going on too.
That is all for now! I'm leaving with a preview of my subject for next time... ;)
Hey Ash! I found your blog! I'm so excited you have one now, I blog much more than Facebook and will love following your ADORABLE little family! Love ya! -Shay
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found it! :) You might have to give me some pointers about this whole blogging thing! Haha, I still have a lot to figure out! I love catching up with you and your beautiful family! Love ya! :)
ReplyDelete